Lots is happening this weekend. Below is the short list but there is a lot left out!
• Mount Hope Farm is having a Greenhouse Sale next to the Greenhouse on Saturday and Sunday May 19 and 20 from 9 to 2. Flowers, vegetables, herbs will be available.
• Coggeshall Farm is having their annual Wool and Fiber Festival Saturday from 9 to 4.
• Blithewold is hosting a tree climbing competition on Saturday from 9 to 5p. See separate post below.
• The Bristol Historical Society is sponsoring a tree and local history walking tour of Juniper Hill Cemetery with Chris Fletcher, arborist and his dad Paul, historian. If you’ve never done this - do it tomorrow at 10 am.
• Madelyn Albright will be speaking at RWU graduation on Saturday!
And briefly other news:
•The Middletown BEST BUY has closed. The one is Seekonk is still open but if you are looking for a nearby certified APPLE COMPUTER STORE dealer for sales and repairs call Flint Audio/Video in the Christmas Tree Shopping Center in Middletown (Where Rtes 138 and 114 merge) at 401 849 2280. They provide lessons in the shop or at your house as well as complicated installations. They are a good alternative to the Apple Store in Providence which over the past few years has become a ZOO! Flint Audio is much more accessible and just as knowledgeable.
• This summer Herreshoff Marine Museum (in addition to their regular adult and children sailing lessons) is offering a shortened series of Sailing Lessons just for Women using classic NG Herreshoff designed wooden 12.5s. The series will meet on alternative Fridays (5 of them) starting June 29 and run through August 24 from 5:30 to 8:30pm. Price: $225. Contact Richard Feeny or Maggie Church at the Museum to sign up or for more details. It’s a really inexpensive way to get out on the water! 401 253 5000 or www.herreshoff.org or firstname.lastname@example.org
•Photographs of the amazing Guiteras School theatre production Seussical held last week will be forthcoming in a few days. See separate posting below!
• RI has a dearth of dermatologists! It’s news when a new one opens up (especially for those of us who are “older”). A new dermatologist has opening fairly recently on the Wampanoag Trail, Rte 114, in North Barrington or East PVD. It is called ASPIRE Dermatology with Dr. Jason Michaels 401 865 6464. I haven’t been there yet but have heard several good recommendations. If he’s good, it will sure beat driving to Fall River or to University Dermatology in PVD.